As part of the Reimagine Leadership limited series, this is the first episode where we dig into content that we actually threaded throughout the program I developed for the Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas.
Jim Fallon is an Executive Coach for The Conscious Leadership Group and a Strategic Advisor for many organizations. He spent decades as an executive for many organizations across various industries, which I feel results in a very grounded pragmatism in his approach.
We talk about the book, The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership, and specifically about the organizing principle of the book: leading above and below the line.
Here are a few highlights from our rich conversation:
- Jim’s wake up call and why he transitioned from CEO to Executive Coach and Strategic Advisor.
- The important distinction between content and context.
- Another Big Idea of the book: To Me, By Me, Through Me, As Me.
- A great description of Locating Yourself (above or below the line).
- The power, and necessity of accepting ourselves when we find that we are ‘below the line’ (which happens regularly for most of us).
- Jim does a walkthrough of the 15 Commitments with lots of context.
- Try the novel and playful approach for teaching others how to get the results you DON’T want – another way that CLG has made this content easier to take in.
- Jim gets vulnerable and provides a personal example of taking Radical Responsibility, which is Commitment #1.
Jim does a beautiful job of embodying the generous, humanizing content from The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership. As you listen, you hear in the conversation my own ah-ha moments and how this conversation will impact the way I explain some of these concepts in the next program.
You can find out more by connecting with the following:
To discuss executive coaching, leadership development program design, and workshop facilitation, please visit: https://rise-leaders.com/contact-info/
To subscribe to Rise Words newsletter, visit: https://mailchi.mp/426e78bc9538/subscribe
Learn more about Rise Leaders at www.rise-leaders.com
Connect with LeeAnn Mallory on Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leeannmallory/
Follow Rise Leaders on our YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/47Wk8do
Conscious Leaders Group https://conscious.is
Jim Fallon: https://conscious.is/team/jim-fallon
Book: The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership: https://tinyurl.com/15-Commitments
Locating Yourself handout: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=udhrtalK